<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 

She smiled at me...

I spend the first part of last night slogging through the election coverage. When my mind could no longer take the red or blue state assault on my brain for one more minute...I decided to take refuge in reading. I picked up Back Roads by Tawni O’Dell and started to absorb this great story. This book is beautifully written:

“She smiled at me. It was a beautiful smile: one she made with her eyes, not just her mouth; one that came from her heart, not just just her head because I had touched something inside her that no one else ever did anymore. I didn’t know how I knew that but I did and even though I wanted to violate her a hundred different ways physically, I didn’t want to go anywhere near her soul.”



How...I ask you...could you NOT be pulled in by writing like that?
~Chick
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?