<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Monday, May 16, 2005

 

Bitch-Slap Her

"Ballerinas can't be fat!"

My six year old niece said that to me with
such hurt & passion that my heart broke a little bit. I'd just asked
her to go get some ice cream with me as a treat. Where, you ask, would a
six year old child hear something like this? Turns out that her dance
teacher throws out gems like this all of the time. Did she have a clue?
Did she care about the harm she was causing in impressionable little
girls?

I honestly wanted to bitch slap the woman (what the hell does
this even mean?...I didn't know...so I looked it up...bitch-slap-
verb - To slap someone with an open hand in an attempt to put them
in their place
...Yep, I was right...that's exactly what I wanted to do).

I really believe that...at the tender age of six...children are
still pretty damn near perfect. Why screw with perfection. At that age most
kids still think they can do anything...& they should think this way.
Why take that ability away from a child? Why make a child think that
they are fat?! What is the *&^$@*>)-ing point of that?


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?