<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

Bubble Wrap

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just got the sweetest e-mail from a former co worker. Joe G. is an older gentleman Dick & I used to work with. I’d call him that even if he wasn’t ‘older’...’cuz he’s just an old soul, do you know what I mean?

I used to talk his ear off & try to get him to open up to me. He was a challenge. He told me he liked to keep his personal life at home & not talk about it at work. Could I let him be? No...I just couldn’t. He wanted to open up to me, he just didn’t know it yet.

By the time I left that job for greener pastures, he bared his soul to me. He was addicted to talking to this chick everyday...ok, that’s what I’m telling myself...for all I know he could have made up stories about his life...just to get me to stop bothering him...but I doubt it...’cuz he didn’t seem like a bull shitter to me...but you just never know...now do you?

He was good-hearted & listened to my tales of whoa too. How did I repay his kindness? I’d drive him insane every time we got a package. I’d pop every last bubble in the bubblewrap from the package. I’m not kidding when I say it used to drive him nuts...but did I stop?...no.

On my last day there, he gave me a present & a very nice card. In it it said something about how he didn’t open up to many people & that he was going to miss our chats. At that point, I kinda KNEW that he hadn’t been a bull shitter after all...he was really one of those guys that make you cry by being sweet to you...when you least expected it...damn him.

He sent me a link to this in that sweet e-mail I just told you about...I guess he misses the psychopathic chick who used to pop bubbles like a madwoman & drive him bonkers.

He either misses me...or...do you think he’s saying...”I’m glad you’re gone because if I had to sit through one more manic bubble popping session...I’d have had to have killed you”.

...it easily could have gone either way...


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?