<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Thursday, May 19, 2005

 

I Hate to Eat & Run

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When I was a freshman in college, I had a room mate who used to eat like a guy. What I mean by this is...she’d eat ALLOT...& when I say allot...I mean allot. She would sit down at a table in the cafeteria & get herself not one...but two trays of food. I was in awe. She was a normal size girl...even a bit on the thin side. My question was, where did she put it all? I was immediately jealous of her seemingly astounding metabolism.

What I didn’t know at first, was that she was bulimic. I lived with the girl & didn’t know that she was so sick. She’d eat double dinners, then we’d walk back to our dorm. She was the kind of person who could never seem to calm herself enough to actually sit still for any amount of time. Most nights after dinner, she would fidget for awhile, then announce that she was going for a run. I’d always ask her how she could run after eating anything at all, let alone the huge portions she’d just shoveling into her gullet. She never answered me...she would usually just laugh & go running down the hall on her way out the door.

Things went like this for a couple of weeks. By now it was early November & it was starting to get darker outside earlier in the evening. She was still running (not even jogging...running!) her ass off every night after dinner. I started to worry about her out there running in the near darkness...but she wouldn’t stop. One night I forced her to let me run with her (even though I just knew it was going to kill me...how can anyone run after eating a full meal?...all of that food bouncing around in your gut...ugh). I convinced one of the guys from the first floor to run with us for safety. She thought all of this was unnecessary & I could tell she was beginning to get annoyed.

Well, the three of us ran...or should I say...two of us jogged & she ran like there was something chasing her. She ran ahead & we couldn’t see her. When we caught up, she was off to the side throwing up. It didn’t surprise me...the girl had eaten enough to feed an army. What I didn’t know then, was that she’d stuck her finger down her throat to get rid of all that food.

Want to know the worst part of the whole story? First, I was envious of what I thought was an over active metabolism...but when I found out that wasn’t true...I was jealous of her ability to be able to make herself throw up.

Fucked up?...you bet it was...


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?