<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

The Office

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I seriously hope that I am not the only one out there that
adores this TV show. Come on...tell me that you love it too & I'll give
you some candy...(Maybe I actually will if you give me your home
address...so I can send it to you...& then you'll be opening yourself up to
being viciously stalked by the likes of me...but I dig risk takers...so
the choice is yours).

The first thing that made me fall in lust with
this show:...there is NO laugh track! Tah Dah...& there IS a god up in
heaven who's been listening to me & occasionally sees fit to answer my
prayers. I hate being told that I'm supposed to think something's
funny...insert laugh...HERE...laugh NOW, bitch...I SAID...LAUGH!
I do not appreciate being spoken to in that way, do you?

The Office is played out in "mockumentary" format & depicts the regional
offices of Dunder Mifflin, a failing paper company in Scranton
(so NOT a funny place), PA. It's a remake of a popular British show & it keeps the dry, deadpan humor of the original. Holy crap, I could be a TV reviewer if that last line is any indicator of my true talent when it comes to things like
this...that really sounded smoltzy enough to be published in The TV
Guide...now, didn't it?

I love the rudely idiotic boss who says simply stupid
things like, "As Abe Lincoln once said: If you are a racist we will
attack you from the north" & "This is Pam . . . If you think she's cute
now, you should have seen her a couple of years ago."

Pam is by far my favorite character. My friend gave me the ultimate compliment when he said the way she is...reminded him of me. She looks you in the eye & only laughs at things that amuse her...even if she's laughing at what she's just said. Her humor is so subtle...that you'd miss it...if you
weren't looking for it...& no one is looking for it.

This show drew me in during the first episode when Dwight went into his desk drawer, reached for his stapler & found it set in yellow jello (he doesn't like jell-o because the way it moves frightens him). When the pansy ass told his
boss...boss man said..."You have to EAT it out"...Oddly, I still am
amused by this.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?