<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Monday, June 06, 2005

 

Blue & Yellow

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As the state trooper slowly walked to my car I looked
at him in my rear view mirror.

He was decked out in all his splendid state trooper
finery. I can’t quite nail down the reason for my love
of a man in uniform...(it does it to me every damn
time). Is it the well put together, fastidiousness of
such a well tailored man? The uniform demands respect
even before the man does. Is it all those well places
shiny buttons? I’m torn between wanting to rip off
every last one (with my teeth)...& wanting to unbutton
each one very carefully, going from top to bottom...
slowly & carefully...taking my time with every last
one...

Yeah....you could say I was distracted.

He was now bending down & peering at me through my
driver’s side window. How long he’d been there...while
I was lost in my thought...I couldn’t tell you.

State Trooper: Hello miss (he seemed chipper...if a
state trooper can actually be chipper).

I sat there...& stupidly smiled...

ST: Do you know why I stopped you? (is there an
appropriate answer to this question? Someone...please
help me out here...)

I didn’t know what to say...so I tried to give him my best
Bambi eyes (all doe eyed & innocent & that’s not as easy as
it sounds)...I eventually sputtered out a ...no.

He ignored my response anyway...so my efforts were
apparently wasted on him...

ST: Why were you driving so fast?

As I was quickly losing all hope...I decided to try
honesty. What the hell. I really had nothing to lose.

Chick: Why was I driving so fast? Um...because I
didn’t see you.

He continued to look at me...with his perfectly set
square jaw. He looked me over & seemed to
consider me. This man could win a bundle at
poker...because his face was telling me
nothing. Just when I didn’t think I could sit
there for a minute longer...he smiled. I thought I
caught a giggle (that’s right...a giggle)
coming out of his blue & yellow, officially state clad
self.

He smiled & told me to slow down & have a good day. As
he was walking back to his car...I thought spotted a
smile on his face.

Hot damn...I was free again to see another day.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?