<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Monday, June 27, 2005

 

Don't You Just Love Starbuck's?

I had a free morning...all to myself on Saturday. I
decided to cherish it...because they do not come
around all that often. I thought I'd start my day by
getting a chai tea (I'm a tea freak...if you really
want to know) at a local Starbucks.

I was going to actually have the time to sit at a
little table, with my book & my tea & read or people
watch & thoroughly enjoy it all.

I walked in & immediately saw someone familiar. There,
standing in line was my cousin's husband. I'm very
close to my cousin & she dated Vinnie from the 8th
grade on...then married him...so I know him well too.

I was excited to see him (I hadn't seen him since
Christmas)...so I ran up & hugged him from behind.
This was a terrible idea...due to the fact that...it
turned out to be...someone else.

This someone else turned around & looked at me. I
stood there like a blushing, silly idiot. He offered
me a handshake (which was nice of him...considering
I'd just almost molested him) & told me his name was
Robert. I offered him a limp noodle hand & said I was
so sorry...I thought he was someone else. He laughed &
told me it was ok.

The guy at the counter asked us what we wanted.
Robert looked at me & asked what I wanted. I froze..was he
talking about tea? I mumbled my order & he told the
guy what he wanted. As I opened my wallet to pay,
Robert said that he had it covered.

I blurted out a...thank you...then moved over to
stupidly stand by the spot at the counter where you
wait for your order. Robert got his order & sat at a
small table by the door. I wondered if there was
possibly any way that I could maybe slip out a back
door, without being noticed. I wasn't even sure there
was a backdoor...so I stood there, trying to get my
embarrassed self together...but there wasn't time.
Counter guy gave me my drink & I saw forced into
action. I collected myself as much as I could & aimed
my body in the general direction of the door. I passed
Robert...there were words coming out of his mouth...I
had little choice but to say, "what?"

He wanted to know if I had time to sit & chat.
Apparently, my butt felt obligated to him for the
whole molestation thing...because it plopped itself
down in the other chair at his table. We chatted for a
bit as I tried not to scream out in pain (I took a
good healthy gulp of tea...all I can say is...I should
have waited).

As I sat there in a-gon-y...boiling liquid scorching it's way down my
throat...he rattled on about his high powered job...it went something
like this.

Him: I work on Wall Street company A...we handle all the transactions
for companies B, C & D.

Me: No words would come...I think I now had internal third degree
burns.

Him: Are you catching the train too?

Me: I shook my head...no...& uttered something that from inside my head
sounded like...dsgzpkiuwr.

Him: Will you be here tomorrow?...because I'm so important that I'm
going in to work tomorrow too.

Me: Again...I shook my head no...this time I got out the words...I
don't fink so.

Him: (getting up to leave)...well then, I'll see you here again
tomorrow.

Me: Fanks for the tea.

Did he comprehend anything I just said? Did I?


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?