<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Go with the Flow?

This gaping hole in my blog is ruining my rhythm...do you know what I mean? I'm going to stop whining about it for now...if my thousands of e-mails to Blogger haven't helped with the solution by now...I'll either have to have patience, more perseverance...or redesign this whole site...we'll see what it eventually comes down to...

I was just going to write whatever came to mind today...you know... stream-of-consciousness...let it all go...go with the flow...

But then I started thinking about an assignment in school to do just that. I was taking a poetry class in high school...oddly enough...only girls signed up for the class. The Teacher, Mr. H., was a huge bearded man of about 35. I'd always heard great things about him. He was voted teacher of the year the previous year (whatever that friggin means).

Mr. H gave us the assignment to write whatever came to our minds. We were supposed to write a continuous flow of images & ideas...as they developed in our minds at that moment.

Well, I kind of got into the spirit of the whole thing. Words flowed, images poured out of me. I thought that this was the most non-judgmental thing I'd ever been asked to do in school...but apparently...I was wrong.

Mr. H. not only hated what I handed in...he proceeded to rip it apart. He said I wasn't being spontaneous enough...I was holding back...my thoughts were scattered...blah, blah, blah...

What the hell?! I didn't know there was a WRONG way to let your feelings flow. As the year went on...I discovered that there was very little I could do to please Mr. H. He clearly did not like me.

I could take a teacher not favoring me...but I'd never experienced a teacher actively disliking me. I racked my brain to figure out why & the only thing I could come up with was...he was sleeping with a student who was a year ahead of me. Her name was Amy. She was about 6 feet tall. She was a member of the volleyball team. He was the volleyball coach. Quite possibly...& this might be a stretch...but...possibly...he didn't care for me because...I was the anti-Amy.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?