<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

My Life Without Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm a big movie fan. I know that's hard to believe after yesterday's post...but I am.

The Movie...My Life Without Me...is a movie...in my opinion...to be savored.

The movie is about the handful of moments in life that truly
change us, points in time where we can see our destinies before us in all
of their complexity, pain & glory. That's all I'll tell you...in case
you want to discover this movie without my input. It's worth it.

Sarah Polley plays Ann in such a powerfully subtle way (director's
quote; "Sarah could be ugly, she could be sexy, she could be tough &
sweet & everything at the same time..."
)...this actress truly makes
you feel what it's like to be her character.

In the film, Ann makes a list of things to do before checking out.
Things like, telling her young daughters how much she loves them
everyday, tape recording annual birthday messages for them until each reaches
the age of 18, causing someone to fall in love with her, & finding a
wife for her husband & a mother for her kids... all this in the two
months she has left.

There are no dramatic shifts in behavior in this movie...no character
ever does something that seems false (or dishonest) to their
character...no overly sentimental crap is found in this movie & it's better
because of that.

If you're looking for a small, character driven movie...that tells a
great story, that is uplifting with a touch of pretty sadness...see
this movie.

Plus, Deborah Harry plays the hell out of the part of the
depressed...life did me wrong...mother.

My favorite quote from this movie..."No one ever thinks about
death...in a supermarket".



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?