<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

Baseball

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As we sat in the cheap seats in Fenway Park...watching The Red Sox play their hated rivals...our hearts beat to the rhythm of ...win for me...win for me.

The press was reporting the weaknesses of the yankees...but that's never a good sign. They've always got strength under the surface. Al Leiter was brought out of mothballs to save their day. I had a feeling that he was going to...bring it under pressure.

Tim Wakefield (is he the only knuckleballer currently playing?) pitched a complete game & gave up three homers (that accounted for all of the yanks scoring)...but The Sox didn't go down without a fight. In a bottom of the ninth rally, my beloved Manny hit a leadoff homer (yay...at least I got to see a Sox homer at Fenway).

I was going to write up the game...play be play...but who'd read it? I have to say...it was a blast being at the game. Watching the faces in the crowd...looking like they were taking the defeat more personally than the guys in the dugout...no...that part wasn't fun...but I love the passion some fans have for the game & their teams. It blows me away. I'd feel like I was somehow missing out if I didn't make myself a part of it.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?