<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Beantown

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Good morning. I just got back from a glorious trip to Boston. We stayed in Cambridge & had a lovely view of The Charles River from our 16th floor hotel room. I was as happy as a clam until a huge boat on the river thought they’d be doing me a disservice if they did not blow their extremely loud & bone shattering horn at 5:30 in the morning. Needless to say, that is not a nice way to start the day. Shaken & bruised, I walked the trails by the river for an hour...till the rest of humanity awoke for the day. The humidity was starting to melt into my skin by 6:30 (not a good sign).

The rest of the day was spent touring the historic part of Harvard University. I think the words that came to mind while walking through the campus were...handsome & scholarly. For some reason (maybe it’s past history as a male only school), the place had a distinctly masculine feel to it.

I dragged (& I do mean...dragged) Hubby to their museum of natural history. To say that he was enthralled by Scot Miller’s photographs of Walden Woods...would be a bold faced lie. I enjoyed every second of it & tried my best to ignore the snide comments, sleeve pulling & general annoying behavior of Hubby...who clearly did not want to be there.

After a quick...but ungodly hot ride on the T (the red line...to the green) we landed our butts in downtown Boston a few hours before the game. We had a nice lunch & descended on Fenway. The energy around the stadium was buzzing. It was a sea of red & blue. Tons of yankee fans had made the 250 mile trip from The Big Apple to Beantown. We found our seats in the bleachers just in time to hear the yankees lineup being announced. The place exploded...more booh...than cheers for the bombers.

The Sox were announced & not one person remained seated. This is what I love most about these two teams. Their fans are not normal fans. This is not a game to them. This is a heartfelt religion & allegiance. Your team becomes part of your soul. Tell me you’re a yankee fan & I know two things about you. You’re used to winning & you hate The Redsox. Tell me you’re a Redsox fan & I instantly know you are used to almost winning (last year’s the exception) AND you hate the yankees.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?