<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Boredom

Have you ever been so bored in any given moment, that you didn’t know what to do with yourself?

As I was driving home from work last night, I found myself in this predicament. I didn’t want to drive anywhere...I just wanted to be home already.

I racked my brain for ways to entertain myself on the drive. The first thing that came to mind...who can I call? After one ten minute conversation with a friend who had to go & a couple of left messages to friends & family...I was back to being bored.

I popped a cd in & turned the volume all the way up. The Killers sang ...

...Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential
I've got potential...


I sang it at the top of my lungs (& I sang it proud). After three more songs...tedium set in again. I reached into my bag & pulled out the moisturizer. I slathered my arms...then my legs (it would have been harder to do...if I wasn’t wearing a skirt). I overestimated the amount of lotion I needed to cover these parts (as I always seem to do)...so the rest got slathered on my stomach. All was right with my little world in the car...for about 30 seconds. I enjoyed the fragrant smell of lavender & I was feeling less dry (always a good thing).

Monotony set in again & I found myself trying to blend two shades of lipstick on my lips. I’ve heard you can create some magical colors by doing this...I just created a sloppy mess. I then decided to braid the left side of my hair. By this time...I was finally headed down my street. On the last few feet of my trip...I had the choice of grabbing the garage door opener & unclicking my seatbelt...or returning myself to an outward appearance of normality...I chose opening the door & unclicking...my boredom was over...& I had a cool new look to show as a reward for living though it.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?