<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Joe Somebody

So, there I was...sitting innocently at work (guilty sitting could get a girl's ass fired) when my phone rang. I saw on the caller ID that it was Sue, from security...instantly her boyish image popped into my head...worst of all...she compliments her spiffy security uniform with man shoes...ugh. Seems she has a Joe somebody waiting in the lobby for me. I told her I'd be right down (no security breach was going to happen today, no sir-ee, when somebody tells me I have a Joe waiting for me...I march right down & pick the sucker up).

I approached the lobby & peered my head around the corner...I saw an extremely neat (impeccable even) looking guy in a dark blue tailored suit. I approached cautiously (so as not to scare him...you just never know these days). I uttered a firm, Hello...& stuck out my hand & gave him my first name...he returned the gesture & did the same.

The only person I had on my schedule to meet with today was Joe...from Copytech (he was supposed to come to fix a color printer for me)...I'd never met Joe before...but...as I stared at this well dressed man with the expensive looking briefcase...something did not add up. Was he just an anal repairman...who felt the need to over dress for his job? Was he a frustrated suity guy...stuck in a repairman's job? Was he an imposter...who just wanted access to my building...because he wanted to loot & pillage?

As I stood there...pondering...I turned to Joe...who was intently walking beside me...& asked him...who...EXACTLY...he was there to meet. He looked at me...with an exasperated look on his face...(you know the one...where someone is just about to humor you...)...he said, "I'm here to interview with you, Chick"...(he left the "duh, you stupid, silly bitch...part off...but it was there...floating in the air...as he finished his sentence...oh...it was there alright). I asked again (trying my best to be patient...because he was starting to patronize my delicate sensibilities)...WHO was he here to meet...(stick with me here, I was asking for a LAST name).

Ah...his answer came back wrong (same first name...different last name). At this...I stopped DEAD in my tracks & look him squarely in the peepers..."You got yourself the wrong girl!". He looked at me incredulously...like I'd actually LIE to him...just to get rid of his sorry, contemptuous ass (not a bad idea, really).

I turned around...leaving him little choice but to follow me back down the hall. He landed right back where we started. I gave security Sue the skinny on what had happened & gave her the ol'...he's your stinking problem now...look & left Joe forever.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?