<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Give Me a Break

I was kind of lost in my own thoughts...as I was driving to work the other morning...I kind of tune out sometimes when I'm driving...my thoughts focus on 2 things...the road in front of me & whatever happens to be running around in my noggin.

I must have been so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't see the flashing lights race up behind me. I pulled over cluelessly. A very young looking, apple pie faced officer walked up to my window & asked me the stupid question that they always seem to ask..."Do you know why I stopped you?" Several things came to mind...did he see the huge L on my head? Was he having a rotten day & wanted to share the wealth? Did he have a painful wedgie inching up the crack of his bum & needed a justifiable excuse to get out of his patrol car to fix it?

My answer to him was silence...so he rambled on about how going 51 MPH in a 35 zone was unholy & wrong...blah, blah, blah...whatever.

He went back to his batcar & I sat there like a tremendous goober & played with my radio.

He startled me totally & completely by coming back in a jiffy. He actually apologized for making me jump out of my paler than yours skin.

Want to know what he ended up giving me a ticket for?

He gave me a summons for having a hangy thing...hanging from my rear view mirror. He told me that it was a break...& I believed him...I'm also never taking that damn hangy thing down.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?