<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Stop Already

Ever stress yourself out for silly reasons? I'm usually OK...in this
regard...but every once in a while...it all seems to add up & pummel me
(like an elephant stampeding right over me...& not a cute cartoon elephant
either). Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason as to why it hits me at a
particular time...sometimes there is...but it usually amounts to being
sort of self created.

Stress is an unavoidable consequence of life... "Without stress,
there would be no life"
(I think an idiot said this...& I hope he's
stressed). However, just as distress can cause disease, it seems
plausible that there are good stresses that promote wellness. Stress is not
always necessarily harmful. Winning a race or election can be just
stressful as losing, or more so, but may trigger very different
biological responses. Increased stress results in increased productivity -- up
to a point.


I'm thinking that I might use stress as a motivator in my life...& that
just blows. I mean really...who needs it? I have a job with tight
deadlines (stress), I have a Hubby with a tight temper (stress), I'm
constantly late (stress) & I procrastinate (stress)...& you know what? I bring
most of it on myself (more stress...aimed right at my big fat head).

Damn it all...make me stop...breathe...just breathe...fuck...it's not
working...


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?