<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Cranberry Sauce...



Good morning. I'm hoping we all survived Thanksgiving. I tried & maybe succeeded...but I still feel like I'm walking around in a coma-like stupor. Thanksgiving went well. Nothing & no one got broken. The food was plentiful & good (if I do say so myself).

I dared to vary from my mother in law's tried & true Thanksgiving Day menu a slight bit...& she was not entirely happy about the change. She did not eat my breadcrumb stuffed artichokes (I made them my mother's way...my mother is Sicilian...you know...criminals from Southern Italy...mom in law is from Northern Italy...come immagini!) so things are done differently. She said my green beans that I sautéed in olive oil with garlic looked good (but she wanted them covered in cream of mushroom soup, crunchy noodles & boiled within an inch of their lives...I just know she did...yuck).

She also brought canned cranberry sauce into my house. I can not tell you how vile I think this stuff is. Bleck...you spurt it out of the can...then slice it like the slimy jello-looking goooo that it is...then place it on my table? I feel defiled...somehow...that it was served at my house at all...ugh.

It's good to be back.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?