<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Monday, December 05, 2005

 

Hi

Happy Monday. I am lucky enough to have a three day weekend behind me & one coming up as well. My day off Friday was spent almost finishing up my Christmas shopping & searching for those damn shoes. I actually found them in both Macy's & Bloomingdales. I was thrilled until I'd ask the salesgirl for a size 5...both times she'd check in the back & both times they came back empty handed. The salesgirl in Bloomies was tall & blond with legs up to here...she looked down at me when I requested she search for my size & decidedly declared that I was lucky to wear such a small size...nice try, honey...I thought...but I can never seem to find the shoes I covet in my size...no matter how you slice it...that's not luck.

In Macy's the display shoe happened to be a size 6. I waited till no one was looking...then threw off my shoe & tried it on. Oh, that damn shoe was lovely...but unfortunately, I looked like I was wearing my mother's shoes...I'd have to wear them with sweat socks to make them fit (not a great look...I assure you) OR I'd have to stuff them full if tissues (other people stuff other areas...why not shoes too?).

I ended up at Ann Taylor & found the most beautiful pair of retro looking shoes on sale. The display model was my exact size. I asked the salesgirl for the other shoes & walla...I was happy once again. I'll see if I can capture their beauty for HNT...I'll certainly try my best...you're gonna love 'em.

******************

On another note, we got our first snow fall of any significance this weekend. Not enough for the snow blower...so we ended up shoveling. I went on a manic tear...I figured I needed the exercise. I did half the drive & all of mine & my neighbor's sidewalk...I was a shoveling machine. Later that day, the area above my right armpit hurt like hell...little shooting pains...ouch. For a slight second I got all nuts on myself...has I having a stroke? I didn't even connect the fact that I hurt because I'd shoveled earlier. Ever scare yourself completely...for about a second...like that...over nothing?


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?