<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Friday, January 20, 2006

 


Hubby & I got invited to a party.
It took a very long e-mail to explain the rules of the party.
I usually don't like parties that need explaining.
Must have been during a weak moment when I said...yes...to this thing:

**************************

Dear Chick & Hubby,

We would like to invite you to a wine tasting party.

Saturday, January 21st @ 7pm
at the home of so & so's sister
someone we don't actually know
(but I hear she has a big ol' impressive house).

There will be 18 people invited.
Each couple will be asked to bring 1 type of wine (2 bottles), not to exceed $15 per bottle & a snack to go with the food (i.e. cheese or dessert, etc.).

In order to avoid overlapping choices, we split the party into 3 groups of 3 couples each & assigned geographical regions. Each group will provide a white wine, red wine, & dessert/port wine from the geographic region assigned (Explain it to me slowly...with a straight face...'cuz you know...I'm an idiot...after all).

Our group must provide a wine from one of the following areas: (South America, South Africa).
The other groups will represent Central Europe (France, Italy, Germany) & the South Pacific (Australia, New Zealand).

Score cards will be provided so everyone can judge each wine (they're kidding, right?).

Should be really fun, taste some great wines, & mingle with fun people (can I get a score card to rate the people too, please? Now THAT would be FUN).

Please RSVP me ASAP (acronym me...baby).
Once you have actually purchased a wine, please let me know the following information so I can prepare a brief background card (I think a fucking spread sheet would be the way to go here...background card?! This might be too much for me to handle).


Warmly,
Bro in law

**************************

I'll let you know how it went if I survive it.
I'm feeling like an 80 year old accountant with pretentious wine tastes who sips wines, swirls them around in my mouth, then spits it out with a flourish & delivers condescending pronouncements about bouquet, fruitiness & complexity.

Snobby pants city...here I come...



...I may look something like this by the time the evening is finally over (let's hope it's from the wine & not the boredom).


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?