<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Friday, February 17, 2006

 

All Along The...

As I sat here...
Working from home today
I heard the doorbell ring
Went downstairs & opened the door
To find 2 fresh faced young men on my doorstep
(Freshly scrubbed by the Lord?)
(Whatever...)

They handed me a Watchtower pamphlet
One of them quoted me a passage of scripture
About LOVE
I swooned...
(it's been a while)

They left & I'm not lying when I say
I felt the love...

Why did I read the words they left me?
Why, dear Lord, oh why?

I understand that they want to spread the love...
But upon further inspection
I found the words...

"God's Kingdom will soon destroy
those who oppose their fellow man...
"

Um...no love there...

I may just have to read some more...
Damn me (to hell)
Why am I so quick to judge
(& therefore persecute?)

Maybe I need them to come back?
Is my soul in grave danger of going astray?

..."There must be some way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief..."


What?
Wrong Watchtower?


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?