<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

Happy Belated Opening Day



"The trouble with baseball is that it is not played the year round."
~ Gaylord Perry

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
~ Rogers Hornsby

"Baseball is almost the only orderly thing in a very unorderly world. If you get three strikes, even the best lawyer in the world can't get you off."
~ Bill Veeck

A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings.
~Earl Wilson

I'm sooo glad that a new season of baseball has finally started...even though my team pretty much forgot to actually show up yesterday (1 run...in the 1st inning?! what the hell?!) Schilling kept walking 'em & that is just not like him at all. Then in the 6th...our new reliever threw his 1st pitch in the majors & let up a homer...I know it's only the 1st game of a long season...but still...I wanted to see SOMETHING from them in their 1st game.

Alas...it wasn't meant to be.

OK...if baseball doesn't do it for you...what does RIGHT NOW?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?