<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

 

Color



I had color on the brain today...don't know why...but then again...why not?

It seems that every art class I ever took made me make a color wheel. Here's one I saved while taking an oil painting class. I never did get that hang of oils. It just takes too long for the paint to actually dry & that gives me more time to play around with the paint on the canvas & you know...generally make a big muddy mess of things.



The first color wheel has been traced back to Sir Isaac Newton. In 1706 he arranged red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo & violet into a natural progression on a rotating disk. As the disk spins, the colors blur together so rapidly that the human eye sees white (this is called additive color...your computer monitor uses this color model).



Ok...so you might not care about any of this geek speak...but you can find inspiration in pretty much anything at all.

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?