<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Monday, June 30, 2008

 

Tasha Tudor



I'm a big fan art the art of children's books.

The stories most of all...

But also the painterly art of some of them.

You might not know who Tasha Tudor is...

But I guarantee that you've seen some of her illustrations.

If you didn't see some of her art as a child, you've undoubtedly seen it on a calendar or a card.

What drew me to it mostly was the delicacy of her drawings & her intricate borders of trailing flowers. She was also known for her glorious gardens.

In honor of the illustrator & gardener Tasha Tudor, who died in Vermont last week at age 92, here is a favorite quote of hers:

"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is. Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it."

Wait...I also like this one..."I believe in moderation in all things, except gardening and antique collecting." I'd add a few things to the list...but that's just me...

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?