<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

 

"The more I'm with an object -- whether it's a model or a piece of the country -- the more I begin to see what I've been blind to. You start to get what's beneath it. You see deeper within it."

The artist Andrew Wyeth died on Friday.

Wyeth said he painted "basic truths."

"Painting objects that mean a lot to me, that have an emotional feeling, and I have the deepest love for a hill or a tree as I have for a human being, sometimes more,".

My childhood art teacher gave me a huge compliment by saying my watercolors reminded her of his work.

It could have been my ability to sit for 5 Saturdays straight in the same spot in my yard

...painting the same tree...or corner of the yard.

I'd paint blades of grass & tiny veins in leaves.

I used muted colors like he did.

When I finally took a school trip to the

Whitney Museum to actually see his work it blew me away.

My art teacher was nuts...

But she did give me a tremendous love of Andrew Wyeth & for that I am grateful.

Here are some of my favorites:

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?