<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Friday, November 16, 2007

 

My Day



I got to the Metropolitan Museum of Art at about noonish. This place is massive. The building runs from 82nd up to 86th Street & you can not even see a quarter of what there is to see in one single day.



Spying down from above.



Francisco de Zurbarán painted The Crucifixion in 1627...I can't even comprehend how long ago that is & how remarkable it is we still have it to appreciate.

"Zurbarán gained the nickname Spanish Caravaggio, owing to the forcible, realistic use of chiaroscuro in which he excelled.

Chiaroscuro (Italian for clear-dark) is a term in art for a contrast between light and dark. The term is usually applied to bold contrasts affecting a whole composition, but is also more technically used by artists and art historians for the use of effects representing contrasts of light, not necessarily strong, to achieve a sense of volume in modelling three-dimensional objects such as the human body."


Too much information? Tough shit.

I spied this painting (oil on canvas) from across the room & I had to move closer.



I have to find out the name of this school...it's a posh private school across the street from the museum...beautiful, grand old building...Marymount maybe?...I'll find out.

Anyway...more photos to come. I took the subway down to Grand Central Station next, hit their market, then walked south, then west on 38th Street...like I said...more photo coming...it was a good day.

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?