<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Friday, November 21, 2008

 



Taken @ 10:45 this morning in lower Manhattan.

"Jeff Koons's art enacts the basic exchange of public sculpture. We literally see ourselves in his alluring reflective surfaces; his buoyant forms reach deep into our childhood with its accompanying feelings of hope and optimism."

OK, that's what one person sees...& I don't disagree in the least...I'd tack on that I love most public art, it adds joy to my day just to see it out of the corner of my eye while I'm rushing by it. I also love how it interacts with it's surroundings, reflects the city back to us...& sort of gives a soft contrast to all the hard lines & angles of the buildings surrounding it on all sides.




What do you think?

Labels: , , ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?