<$BlogRSDURL$>

...a male & female point of view...We are two former coworkers who share similar ideas on what's absurd...or just plain funny...thought we could offer a unique view on life & stuff...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

 


So, I have this necklace.

It means a lot to me.

I got it the last time I was in Ireland in a little town in the west called Roundstone.

It’s a pendent with a Celtic design & an amethyst.

As I was riding up in the elevator in my parking garage the other day I was sort of twisting it around under my coat & scarf because the clasp had fallen to the front when it should be in the back (you know what I mean).

It wasn’t twisting smoothly because of all the layers that were on top of it.

So what did I do?

I kept pulling it until it bruised my neck & eventually broke (because I'm like that).

The chain slid off down my top & the pendant dropped to the floor somewhere.

I looked for it in a panic.

I crawled on the floor & eventually found it just as the elevator doors were opening onto my floor.

The pendent was just about to fall down the space between the door & the elevator shaft.

I grabbed it & started to cry.

Damn it, I wasn’t scheduled for a breakdown today.

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?